Public law is that part of law which governs relationships between individuals and the government, and those relationships between individuals which are of direct concern to society.
Human Rights Law
Human rights law is the body of international law designed to promote and protect human rights at the international, regional, and domestic levels.
International law is the set of rules generally regarded and accepted as binding in relations between states and between nations. It serves as a framework for the practice of stable and organized international relations.
- 29JulThe Supreme Court has today handed down its judgment in the case of Tigere v Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills. The case concerned a challenge by Beaurish Tigere, 20, an aspiring university...24Jul
Supreme Court due to hand down judgment in Tigere v Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and SkillsThe Supreme Court will hand down judgment in the case of Tigere v Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills on Wednesday 29 July 2015, at 09:45am. This case concerns the question of whether the...
- 22JulIn a judgment handed down today the Supreme Court set aside the finding of the Court of Appeal on costs and ordered North Somerset Council to pay Aaron Hunt two thirds of his costs before...20JulThe Supreme Court will hand down judgment in the case of Hunt v North Somerset Council on Wednesday 22 July 2015, at 09:45am. The issue of the case is whether the Court of Appeal was...
- 26JunThe case was heard in the Supreme Court on Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 June 2015. The facts: our client is a 19-year-old Zambian national who has lived in the UK since she was six....26JunBroadcast on Thursday 25th June 2015.
- 22JunPress for PIL’s case on young people’s eligibility for student finance PIL is bringing a test case to challenge the government’s refusal to allow young people with discretionary or limited leave to remain access to...18JunEditorial Paul Heron from Public Interest Lawyers has been in touch with regard to gaining national information on the failure of the DCMS to properly investigate and respond to cuts to public libraries. The full...
- 21AprAdam Wagner, supported by many other volunteers, has launched the Rights Info project this week. The site is designed to spread information about Human Rights through social media, to improve public understanding. Its use of the...
... We have enormous sympathy and the greatest respect for those who have acted with such determination and industry on behalf of the claimant ... the case has been conducted with great skill and very considerable restraint and economy ...
... We cannot part with this case without paying tribute to the claimants' legal advisers who, although greatly outnumbered by the Secretary of State's legal team, have persisted with their requests for disclosure skilfully and with commendable determination.
… All that is then necessary to say before leaving this appeal is that in my view the claimants’ lawyers, and particularly Mr. Phil Shiner, have rendered a valuable public service in bringing forward their clients’ claims and prosecuting them with such conspicuous skill and vigour.
PIL is an extraordinary firm of solicitors, who must be - certainly should be, the pride of the legal profession ...